Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hiatus: Rubicite Buys Grinderschool

I've been on a blogging hiatus because I've been on a programming hiatus. The last couple of weeks have been spent doing marketing stuff to get new clients and new investors AND dealing with all of the issues that arise during a business acquisition. I've been on both sides of that acquisition as Rubicite Interactive purchased Grinderschool, effective February 1, 2012.

In the long run, this will mean a lot of good things for Grinderschool, and it will mean the addition of a profitable business line for Rubicite. On the Grinderschool side, the site has long suffered from my lack of time - I simply couldn't fit it into my schedule to give the site as much attention as it needed in order for the site to grow. Now that part of my day job is keeping the site running, that will not be an issue. Further, the development needs of the site are being spread across the staff here at Rubicite instead of falling strictly on me. That means good things for the site, as it ultimately means that development on "nice-to-have" improvements will actually happen instead of just adding to the growing list of things I'd try to tackle eventually.

Anyway, that's where I've been. But now I'm getting back into the swing of things on the development side. Expect to hear more from me soon!

Edit: As of December, 2012, Grinderschool is no longer part of Rubicite Interactive. It is back under the umbrella of Interware Innovations.

No comments:

Post a Comment